Girls on the Run is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a
world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free
to boldly pursue her dreams.
Girls on the Run of Middle Tennessee is an independent council of Girls on the Run International, which has a network of over 200 councils across 50 states, and the District of Columbia. Girls on the Run of Middle Tennessee celebrates its tenth birthday this year serving Davidson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, and Williamson counties.
Girls on the Run International was established in 1996 in Charlotte, North Carolina by Molly Barker.
What started with thirteen girls in one school has grown to over 200 councils in all 50 states and
the District of Columbia. With the help of almost 100,000 volunteers, Girls on the Run served nearly
180,000 girls in 2015, including our millionth girl! Girls on the Run continues to grow and currently
hosts more than 350 end-of-season 5K events across the United States, making the Girls on the Run 5K
series the largest in the country. Girls on the Run has also expanded to include middle school girls
through Heart & Sole, a program dedicated to the unique needs of adolescent girls.
Recognize our POWER and
RESPONSIBILITY to be
INTENTIONAL in our
Embrace our DIFFERENCES
and find STRENGTH in our
Express JOY, OPTIMISM AND GRATITUDE
our words, thoughts
LEAD with an
OPEN HEART and assume
our physical, emotional and
STAND UP for
ourselves and others
Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
I am so thankful that organizations like Girls on the Run exist to teach our girls to be joyful, healthy and confident and to boldly pursue their dreams. The beautiful thing about Girls on the Run is that not only do we inspire our girls, but everyday our girls inspire us! We all are on this journey together to live our best lives, encouraging one another along the way.
Program Coordinator, email@example.com
Empowering girls is my passion and I believe that joyful, healthy, confident girls will change the world. I love how GOTR programs help girls grow into exactly who they want to be, follow their dreams, set and achieve their goals, and learn the value of giving back to their community. I'm so grateful this organization exists and that I get to spend my time making this program available to girls in Middle Tennessee.
Communications and Events Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Igniting a sisterhood between women, young and old, from all walks of life, is the foundation necessary to teach, empower, and bring young girls to their full potential. Girls on the Run is a perfect example of how a community can help the next generation of strong women lead. If that unity starts by crossing a finish line together, then I’m all in.
We're always considering passionate individuals to join our team and help us inspire more girls in the Middle Tennessee area.
Come work with us!
Looking for interns for Fall and Spring!
Position: Marketing and Communications Intern
Description: Girls on the Run of Middle TN is seeking a self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for a community-based nonprofit organization.
• Develop, plan, and execute social media ideas
• Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly eNewsletter
• Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
• Designing flyers, graphics, and other marketing material for major events
• Assist in blog writing for GOTR website
• Organize and attend monthly marketing committee meeting including preparing agenda and taking minutes
• Reach out to the community we serve, general public, volunteers, and donors for GOTR stories, blogs, videos
• Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
• Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
• Working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
• Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
• Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of graphic design a plus.
• An effective communicator, both written and oral
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
• Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
• Enthusiasm for the mission of Girls on the Run and the families we serve
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3 – 6 month commitment throughout the school semester. Hours: 8 – 12 hours/week – some hours can be completed at home. Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship.
Brookdale Senior Living
Bobbie Jo Beach
Board Vice President
Caterpillar Financial Services
Board Treasurer/Finance Committee Chair
McKerley & Noonan CPA
Fundraising Committee Chair
Hospital Corporation America
Mary Brooke Bonadies
Fridrich & Clark Realty
Marathon Runner, Community Volunteer
Mary Taylor Gallagher
Gullett Sanford Robinson & Martin PLLC
Governance Committee Chair
Onlife Health Inc
Starting Line Committee Chair
Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation
Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp
Kenneth John Yanicky
At the heart of Girls on the Run are amazing volunteers whose commitment and passion impact the lives of girls each year.
No opportunites at this time. Please check back soon!
Girls on the Run of Middle Tennessee
1451 Elm Hill Pike #110Nashville, TN 37210(615) 356-4829
Girls on the Run International
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
DID YOU PARTICIPATE IN GIRLS ON THE RUN?JOIN OUR ALUMNI NETWORK
Start a Site
Careers & Internships