Job and Internship Opportunities
Program Intern, Girls on the Run (GOTR) of Middle Tennessee
Reports to: GOTR of Middle Tennessee Program Coordinator
Position Type: Part-time, Unpaid Internship
Assists with management of program sites, volunteers and end-of-season 5k.
Standard working conditions that do not cause physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise and the like. Occasional lifting of roughly 35-pound boxes of supplies, materials, etc. to waist high level. Ability to drive plus the availability of a vehicle to use for getting to and from meetings and other events. Has a valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain necessary auto insurance for the above purposes. Ability to work a varied schedule, including evenings, early mornings and weekends, when required.
PROGRAM INTERN DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with the recruitment of volunteers and coaches.
- Works with social, civic and local organizations to develop partnerships, where appropriate, to cultivate sites and recruit coaches.
- Works with sites to recruit participants, including but not limited to attending PTO meetings and school fairs.
- Assists with the distribution all curriculum and program materials including: coach boxes, coach manuals, healthy snacks, program t-shirts, program equipment and coach gifts.
- Assists with managing inventory and distribution of coach and program curriculum, materials and supplies.
- Assists with coordinating practice 5k and end-of-season 5k activities for sites.
- Participates in site and coach appreciation and recognition activities.
- Assists in updating records on program sites and coaches, including but not limited to Race Planner, My Emma, and other I/T data sources.
- Attends training as it relates to program coordinating duties.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Communication (written and oral), collaboration and team participation skills.
- Ability and interest in working independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work under time constraints.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency using communication, documentation and data collection applications such as: Spreadsheets (Excel), word processing (Word) and electronic mail.
- Proficiency using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and My Emma and plus.
- Understands and embraces diversity and inclusiveness in thought, word and actions. Exemplifies these values.
- Understands and embraces a healthy lifestyle in thought, word and actions. Exemplifies these values.
- Previous involvement with the Girls on the Run programs preferred.
- Previous experience working with Middle Tennessee area school districts or schools a plus.
- Preference given to students in pursuit of degrees in social work, community organization, exercise and wellness, physical education, child development, women and gender studies or related majors.
- Must pass a background check.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Contact Information and Procedure:
Email resume and cover letter to Brigid Bresnihan. Subject Line: "GOTR Application." Due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to contact candidates that have been invited to interview. No phone calls please.